Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ummmm...She's MY best friend! So go get your own.

What defines a friend?

Lots of things, I am sure. Probably someone you talk to (somewhat) consistantly. And maybe, just maybe, when the kids aren't acting a complete fool, you get to spend some time together. Someone you can have some fun with. Obviously, it is a person you care about, who cares about you in return. Someone who just "gets" you... 

But what defines a "BEST FRIEND"?


I have a best friend. And she is the bestest-best friend a girl could have! Why? You ask....Well, let me tell you!

My best friend, Amy, well, she is a special soul. We are "bosom" buddies, mostly because we both have big bosoms, but also because we can have a good time no matter WHAT we are doing. Like the time that I got to her house and she was on the toilet. With the door wide open. But did I run? Oh no! I donned the gas mask that her kids were handing out and charged my way on through the fumes to see my girl. I mean, we have 8 kids between the two of us, so quality "alone time" is hard to come by! And if you can't poop in front of your best friend, then I am just not sure you can REALLY qualify them as your BEST friend...maybe just a "friend"... 

You know what else?! We share the same birthday. Let me say that again...WE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY! Now what are the odds of that kind of awesomeness?! And you know what she did, the very FIRST time we hung out, which happened to be ON that special day that was set aside JUST for us (and a million other people...but they don't really matter!) She sacrificed herself. She took one look at my poor, disgusting (non-sandal worthy) feet, tsk tsked, and said, "Sit down and give me your foot." I was a little bit concerned for her safety and slightly embarrassed, but I wasn't about to turn down a free pedicure, so I complied. She pulled out that file, hiked up her skirt, grabbed ahold of that nasty sucker and got to filing. It kind of reminded me of that scene in "Dumb and Dumber" where Harry and Lloyd were in the salon, with the giant buffing wheel, 'cept she was doing it all manually. Now THAT is love! And when she was finished, I had awesome sandal feet. And she had a new best friend. Cuz I'm no dummy! I know a good thing when I see it. And any woman who will mess with MY feet... She's a keeper. 

But you know what I love MOST about my best friend? We can be ourselves around each other. No fake "I'm a perfect mother/perfect person who lives in Pinterest world with my perfect kids" Heck no! We like to keep it real. If my kids are acting a fool, I can yell. If hers are, I can yell at them too. And she doesn't even get MAD at me! We are kinda like sister wives. Except we don't have to share the same husband. So, that's even BETTER. And when life gets us down, I know I can always count on her. And she knows she can always count on me. And my willingness to bring wine. Lots and lots of wine.



 After finding all this stuff out about MY best friend, I KNOW you want her for YOUR best friend! I don't think so. Go get your own. She's mine. And I haven't really learned to share.








Did you enjoy this post?
 Clickety-click here to vote for my blog!
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
You can vote 1 time every 24 hours from all devices!


Follow me on Facebook
A Day in the Life of a Drama Queen's Momma

Follow me on Twitter
 @Momma_Dramas 

Loved it? Let me know! Leave me a comment! 


For more great confessions, check out:

MoreThanCheeseandBeer


4 comments:

  1. Jealous. I'm glad you have such an awesome friend. Congrats on your first SC. I hope you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully next time I will figure out how to do that link with the picture thingy...It's a learning process and I am kinda slow at social media! LOL <3

      Delete
  2. You're a lucky woman to have a friend like that.

    Don't blame you for not sharing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea...she's a keeper! Thanks for reading my ramblings!!

      Delete