Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Netflix: A Family Affair

As most of you know, I am a HUGE fan of Netflix. They have saved my sanity on more than one occasion. (Can we say "Snow Days"?!) And I enjoy writing for them once a month as part of their "stream team" of bloggers because the posts seriously write themselves. (Who doesn't already LOVE Netflix?!) But lately I have been so busy with work and life that it has been harder and harder to carve out some writing time.

So when they reached out to me this month and asked if I would be interested in letting my daughters write my post this month, I was ALL ears. You see, they have an original series called Mako Mermaids that my daughters LOVE. We already watch it.

A LOT.

And what better way to truly make Netflix a family affair, than to bring it full circle and let them do the talking for me this month.

When I asked my oldest daughter (who is 12) how she felt about writing a review on the show and the youngest girls if they would draw the pictures to go with their older sister's review, they all were super hyped! (And the icing on the cake was Netflix sending them a pretty awesome "mermaid" kit in the mail as a thank-you for all their hard work!)

<----What little girl wouldn't be excited about getting all THIS in the mail? Shoot! Can *I* write some stuff about your show next time? I want some Bath & Body Works and Eos! I like to paint MY nails! I want beach worthy hair in the middle of winter! And they won't even SHARE it with me. Huh.

The kids worked very hard to let you know why Mako Mermaids is a great show that YOUR tweenage girls would enjoy too.

So without further ado, I give you my tween, Jess, with her debut on my blog.


 Why I Love Mako Mermaids and You Should Too
by Jessica, age 12


The show Mako Mermaids: H2O Adventures is about these three mermaids who have been banned from the other mermaids because they turned a human into a mermaid. They are just learning how to walk with legs and get into a lot of trouble in the human world. When they get wet anywhere on their body, anywhere at all, their legs transform back into tails. Then they have to wait to dry off completely to turn back to humans. 

I like this show because it is more realistic than other shows I have watched about mermaids. I don't think it is fair that mermaids have to choose between being a human or being a mermaid when they could be both! I also like this show because you don't have to watch ALL the episodes for it to make sense. When I first watched it, I was at my friend's house and we watched an episode that was in the middle of Season 1 because that was where she was in the series. We really loved it! We loved it so much, that when we got home, we tied our feet together and tried to walk around like mermaids. It was so funny!

My FAVORITE episode is the season finale of season 1. In this episode, the human friend of a merman tries to become a merman. He steals a trident and uses it in a fight against the mermaids so that he can fall into the moon pool and become a merman. (If you fall into the moon pool during a full moon, you will be transformed.) 

I am pretty excited about Season 2 being out now so I can continue watching this great show. If you love mystical creatures, mermaids, fantasy, suspense, or action shows, you should watch Mako Mermaids! It will leave you wanting to watch more.

What shows do YOUR kids love? Leave me a comment!


I receive complimentary Netflix service in return for my endorsement, but all opinions and referrals are 100% my own opinion.
Be sure to tune in to Mako Mermaids Season 2 available now on Netflix!

HELP ME BECOME THE BEST BLOGGER IN THE WHOLE WORLD!
Okay, that was a tad bit exaggerated. 
But clicking the banner below DOES give me a vote. And votes make me happy.
So help a sistah out, would ya?

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers
Please take a minute and rate my blog while you are there.
You can find me in the humor section.